Contour Survey Works
- The following are the specific uses of the contour map:
- The nature of the ground surface of a country can be understood by studying a contour map. Hence, the possible
- route of communication between different places can be demarcated.
- A suitable, site or an economical alignment can be selected for any engineering project.
- The capacity of a reservoir or the area of a catchment can be approximately computed.
- The indivisibility or otherwise of different points can be established.
- A suitable route for a given gradient can be marked on the map.
- A section of the ground surface can be drawn in any direction from the contour map.
- Quantities of earth work can be approximately computed.